Monday, September 22, 2008

Kids Map of Australia

This was a hard one.  I tried to make this look good as well as being educational.  I tried all sorts of things to represent states and I decided to go with floral and animal state emblems.  I named each item as well as wrote out the state name in full and the capital cities of Australia.  I left the background white as I felt that if I put a colour there it would take the focus off the map.  I added the boat and fish to give balance to this design as I put the Australian flower up with the title of the map.  The Title font is Rockwell Extra Bold.  I feel that this gave it an official look while the rest of the font on the map is Tekton Pro.  A less serious font. 

1 comment:

Rosie n Pete said...

Hellow Sel,

My wife is an Indonesian teacher at the Wagga Christian College. She is heading over to Indonesia in a few days on a teacher exchange program being run by the Federal Government. I'm helping her to find Australian resources that she can take over with her and leave with the two teachers she will be spending time with.

Anyway, I happened to discover your "Kids Map of Australia" on the net and am impressed.

How much would you charge for an A1 and an A4? I'm even happy to organise my own printing and pay you for the use of your work.

Yours Faithfully,

Peter Anderson

0427475364
"Mayfair"
Chaplin Lane
The Rock NSW 2655